Saggy skin is a common problem that affects nearly every person at some point. It’s primarily an age-related problem, though other factors can contribute to the accelerated and unwanted changes that make the skin loose, thin, and fragile sooner than you’d like. You may not be able to sidestep this age-related change, and you may find it incredibly challenging to address sagging skin at home. Fortunately, there are a number of professional treatments that can resolve your cosmetic concerns related to aging skin.
Dr. Patrick Flaherty has spent the last two decades focused solely on facial rejuvenation. In that time, he has rejuvenated and revitalized thousands of faces. Although a board-certified surgeon, Dr. Flaherty understands the value and appeal of nonsurgical modalities. Here at Azul Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Spa, we have numerous solutions for sagging skin and we’d love to share them with you! Contact us today at (239) 379-8927 to learn more or to schedule your appointment at one of our convenient locations in Southwest Florida.
What Factors Contribute to Loose Skin?
Your skin will get thinner and looser simply because it’s aging along with the rest of your body. Your skin relies on healthy collagen and elastin fibers to remain supple and firm. It also relies on hyaluronic acid for plumpness and overall moisture. With age, your body slows down its production of these vital chemicals. A lot! In addition to the decline in collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, there are other factors that can influence how quickly your skin loosens. Weight loss is one, as are smoking, sun exposure, and hormonal changes that often occur in our forties and fifties.
What Types of Skin Tightening Treatments do You Offer?
We are pleased to offer multiple different skin tightening treatments in our various offices. These include:
- Ultherapy®. Using the Ulthera® System, we can target the deeper layers of the skin, where the collagen fibers live. In addition to stimulating collagen remodeling using ultrasound waves, this treatment also supports long-term improvements by increasing collagen production for several months.
- FaceTite®. This radiofrequency treatment isn’t made like others. The FaceTite device works via an energy exchange between an internal electrode and an external receiver. As the electrode is passed back and forth under the skin, the outer arm follows in a parallel manner, heating tissue in two directions.
- Morpheus8. Radiofrequency energy is a scientifically proven type of collagen induction therapy. The process, delivered via a matrix of micro pins, stimulates collagen production in the deep layers of the skin, resulting in collagen remodeling that improves surface characteristics, including tissue tightness and firmness.
- Microneedling. This conservative treatment isn’t powered by radiofrequency, but it still packs a punch! If your tissue laxity concerns are on the milder side, you may achieve outstanding benefits through microneedling collagen induction therapy.
- Halo Laser skin rejuvenation. This hybrid laser technology can stimulate significantly accelerated cellular turnover while also delivering heat to deeper layers of the skin. Halo is often performed to correct the signs of sun damage and pigment concerns. However, because it stimulates collagen production, it can also have a skin-tightening effect.
How Many Treatments does it Take to Get Optimal Skin Tightening Results?
You may need just one treatment performed once or a few times a year to maintain your youthful-looking skin. Conversely, you may benefit the most from multiple treatment sessions. The factors that contribute to the number of treatment sessions you need include the severity of your skin laxity, the type of treatment you select, and the intensity of that treatment. Halo, for example, can be adjusted for lighter effects with no downtime or for more significant effects with one to two days of social downtime.
When you consult with one of our experienced clinical staff about your skin tightening goals, they will help you understand the various benefits of different treatments. Ultimately, the choice is in your hands. We provide you with the in-depth information you need to make it!
Is Skin Tightening Treatment Just for the Face?
Most skin tightening treatments focus on facial rejuvenation. However, some can be performed on the neck, chest, arms, and hands. Morpheus8 RF microneedling is sometimes performed on the abdomen to tighten loose skin and correct stretch marks.
Schedule a Consultation
Loose skin doesn’t have to make you look older than you feel! Contact us today at (239)379-8926 to schedule a consultation where you can learn all about our different skin tightening treatments! Our offices are located in Fort Myers, Naples, Bonita Springs, and Cape Coral.