Broad Band Light (BBL)
BBL – The New and Improved Version of IPL
The future of aesthetic medicine is HERE and NOW. Incredible improvements in skin tone and texture are possible with break-through technologies in laser and light-based skin treatments! Azul Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Spa always stays on top of the latest beauty treatments and offers medical and esthetic treatments in all three offices. We now utilize the latest and greatest technology to rejuvenate and reverse signs of aging! Forever Body™ BroadBand Light™ (BBL®) and Forever Young™ + BroadBand Light™ (BBL) is a comfortable, non-invasive treatment to bring you younger looking skin. These products now have the accuracy and speed to quickly treat visible signs of aging across the body including uneven pigmentation, sunspots, acne scars, areas of hyperpigmentation, and other signs of sun damage.
- Forever Body™ BroadBand Light™ (BBL®) now with High Energy Rapid Output™, or HERO™, can quickly deliver Forever results anywhere on the body. NEW: BBL HERO™ innovations deliver 4x the speed, 3x the peak power, and 2x the cooling
- Forever Young + BBL is primarily for the face and neck and offers faster treatments and improved outcomes. Treating up to 4 times faster! FDA-approved Forever Young BBL™ BroadBand Light Therapy uses next generation intense pulsed light technology to improve the health, condition, and appearance of skin.
What is Broad Band Light?
BBL uses a very bright light and pulses it onto your skin to remove uneven pigmentation, like brown spots and reddened areas or vessels. Our Providers are highly trained to select the best light wave (frequency) for your skin tone and condition. The targeted light pulses are absorbed by the darker skin. Those dark patches become darker over the few days, then flake off and are shed or washed away during your normal routine. You are left with skin that is smoother in color, tone, and texture – all of which equate to younger looking skin. Since it’s non-invasive, we can treat any area: face, neck, chest, hands, arms or legs.
BBL Laser Treatments for Face & Body with Emily Laeser, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
WATCH VIDEO ABOUT BBL TREATMENT
What are the Benefits of BBL?
Why should you choose BBL over IPL? You can trust that Dr. Flaharty made the switch from IPL to BBL for good reasons, but if you’re the type who likes facts, here are a few reasons to choose BBL at Azul over IPL anywhere else:
- Accuracy of the light pulse – BBL offers greater precision and even adjusts 10 times within each pulse to ensure the pulse energy remains consistent.
- Cooling per light pulse – BBL cooling is highly monitored by exacting systems to cool each pulse, providing you with the most comfortable and safest treatment possible.
- Computerized interface – the exacting programming within the system provides improved consistency through each treatment and across multiple treatments.
- Speed – the larger crystal and quick, clean, accurate pulse delivery result in faster treatments – which mean increased comfort for you.
And here’s the big one. “The Forever Young BBL is the only device that has been shown to change the expression of genes associated with aging, longevity, and increased lifespan. With regular Forever Young BBL treatments, your skin will look clearer, smoother and much younger.”
- ~ from the Research, Development and Manufacturer of BBL
Broad Band Light Before & After Photos
How is BBL Treatment Performed?
You will receive a topical anesthetic to numb the skin surface. This is because the light generates some heat, so you’ll be more comfortable if your skin surface is numb. If you have never had BBL at Azul we will probably take a conservative approach to see how your skin reacts. You will still get a great result, but we like to err on the side of caution that first time. Additionally, we can only treat a few areas at a time as it would make you sick if we put numbing cream all over your face, neck, chest, arms and legs – so we’ll start with one or two areas that bother you the most.
After about 30 minutes, your skin surface will be numb and our Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will begin treating you. Each pulse will feel like a small “flick” of the finger against your skin. Most people notice it, but don’t find it to be painful. The treatment takes between 20 and 40 minutes depending on what is being done – whether we’re targeting brown spots, red areas, vessels – or all of them.
How many BBL treatments will I need?
Most first-time BBL patients need a series of two or three treatments to get them to a beautiful baseline. After that, they can return every 6-12 months for maintenance treatments to address re-occurring and new discolorations.
What is the Recovery from BBL Treatment?
You’ll go home and your skin will feel a bit warm, but will quickly normalize. Over the next few days, you’ll see your brown spots become more prominent and darker brown. They will then become dry and flakey and will slough off leaving you with younger looking skin.
How Much Does Broad Band Light Treatment Cost?
The cost really depends on what areas are treated and the number of treatments. But to give you some idea of cost, it is around $450 for a single BBL treatment to the Face & Neck and around $1,500 for a series of three treatments to the face, neck, and chest.
Schedule a Consultation
We believe almost everyone can benefit from BBL, especially those of us in Florida! Please call 239.415.7576 for a complimentary consultation with one of our Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants in our Naples, Bonita Springs, or Fort Myers office – your skin will thank you for it!