Want Younger Looking Skin Without the Downtime? A Look at Ultherapy.
- Posted on: Aug 15 2019
Cosmetic treatments have evolved at such a rapid pace that it can be difficult to stay abreast of the latest developments. Furthermore, because it seems as though new devices and protocols are emerging every few months, some of the tried-and-true treatments that have been achieving excellent outcomes may be overlooked. We can’t allow this. At Azul Cosmetic Surgery, we want our patients to know what options they have for correcting the signs of aging that are troubling them. Here, we take a look at the various reasons to consider Ultherapy.
What is Ultherapy?
In the simplest terms, Ultherapy is an ultrasound treatment developed for cosmetic purposes. The technique utilizes ultrasound waves for the purpose of targeting deeper tissues in the dermis; those that are responsible for the overall texture and tightness of the skin.
Why Try Ultherapy
There are several benefits that are unique to Ultherapy, including:
- The device uses ultrasound in two ways. First, ultrasound identifies the ideal depth for treatment to occur. Then, ultrasound waves are delivered to that precise depth; the SMAS. This is the layer of tissue that is corrected during facelift surgery and where cellular regeneration is most powerful.
- Ultherapy also targets the upper dermis, where collagen production occurs. By addressing these levels of tissue, treatment provokes profound change in a relatively short time.
- Ultherapy works in just one treatment. A touch-up may not be needed for years after the initial treatment. According to studies, 95% of patients treated with Ultherapy continue to be happy with their results after one year.
- Treatment can be tailored to one area of the face or the entire face and neck. Ultherapy can improve the appearance of the jawline by reducing jowls. It can reduce fat on the upper neck and put an end to “turkey-neck.”
- Results are both immediate and progressive. Initially, the warming of ultrasound waves smooths and tightens the skin by causing collagen contraction. Over time, though, new collagen forms to further rebuild the skin’s foundation.
Nonsurgical treatment options are popular for several reasons. We are proud to provide patients with the treatment options they need to meet their needs and preferences. To learn more about Ultherapy, call (239) 415-7576. Here, we can schedule a visit for you at our Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, or Naples office.
Posted in: Dermal Fillers