Microneedling for Younger-Looking Skin
- Posted on: Sep 21 2020
We enjoy offering a menu of services that provides our patients with options. Not all cosmetic issues need to be addressed with surgery. Not all people who are seeing the signs of aging on their skin want to undergo surgery. In these instances, microneedling may prove to be an ideal solution. Just because you don’t want surgery doesn’t mean you don’t want to look happier, healthier, and more vital. Here, we discuss what microneedling is and what it has to offer.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling refers to the use of very fine needles to create small punctures in the skin. These are called “micro-injuries.” Why would we want to injure the skin? Because the tiny vertical channels that are made in the skin demand that the body heal them. The body does this by producing more collagen and elastin in the area that has been injured. Collagen is the healing protein that supports the skin’s firmness. Elastin is a chemical that helps the skin stay stretchy and soft.
At Azul, we offer two of the most impactful microneedling treatments. SkinPen, which uses stainless steel acupuncture-grade needles made in Japan to create tiny perforations in the more superficial layers of the skin and INFINI Radio Frequency, ideal for deeper tissues and uses gold-plated microneedles to deliver therapeutic Radio Frequency thermal energy.
Benefits of Microneedling
There are several aspects of microneedling that make it a preferred treatment for many people.
- Microneedling can be customized. The tiny needles can penetrate only 0.5 mm or as deep as 4.0 mm.
- The microneedling applicator has numerous tiny needles that “stamp” the skin in a uniform, vertical pattern.
- The treatment process is comfortable with only a topical anesthetic applied to the skin before the procedure begins. There is no general anesthesia and minimal discomfort after the appointment.
- Microneedling is an excellent treatment to have done periodically to sustain optimal collagen and elastin production.
- Microneedling can be enhanced with innovative energy like radiofrequency.
INFINI™ Radiofrequency Microneedling
Though minimally-invasive, our INFINI radiofrequency microneedling treatment makes a big impact. This technique is performed by our trained, experienced estheticians. It stamps the skin with 49 gold-insulated microneedles while delivering radiofrequency energy through their tips. The combination of physical and energetic effects increases the production of healing chemicals for brighter, tighter, smoother skin.
Schedule a Consultation
Microneedling is an optimal treatment for most people who are interested in minimizing the signs of aging and rejuvenating skin texture. For more information, call (239) 415-7576 for our Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, or Naples FL locations. We look forward to seeing you.
Posted in: Uncategorized